Mark your calendars! Here are the dates you need to know for the Annual Enrollment Period (AEP).
If you’re purchasing a Medicare plan for 2022, or want to switch to a different plan, here are the Medicare Annual Enrollment Period dates you need to know.
You may also be able to enroll in a Medicare plan at different times during the year if you qualify for a special enrollment period.
What changes can you make during the AEP?
Here’s a quick rundown of what you can do during the Annual Enrollment Period:
- Change to a Medicare Advantage plan from Original Medicare, Part A and Part B.
- Change from a Medicare Advantage plan to Original Medicare, Part A and Part B.
- Change from one Medicare Advantage plan to another (regardless of whether either plan offers drug coverage).
- Enroll in a Part D prescription drug plan.
- Change from one Medicare prescription drug plan to another.
- Opt out of Medicare prescription drug coverage completely.
Changes you make during the AEP go into effect January 1 of the next year.
Not sure what to do with your choices during the AEP? That’s what we’re here for.
Call us toll free at (866) 235-8378 or click here to email us your name and phone number for us to call you. Calls are not recorded and your information is confidential.
Ohio Health Benefits also offers Medicare & Muffins, a free educational seminar to help you understand how Medicare works. These seminars are free and open to the public every Wednesday at 9 am and Thursday at 3pm. For details and registration link click here.