Annual Enrollment for Medicare and Individual Health Insurance Plans is almost here. For Medicare, the Annual Enrollment Period is from October 15th through December 7th. For Individual ACA Plans, the Annual Enrollment Period is from November 1st through December 15th. Annual Enrollment is the time each year you can review your current health insurance coverage and make changes.
Medicare: As you prepare for Annual Enrollment, here are a few steps to make this process a bit easier.
- Review the Annual Notice of Change from your current health insurance plan. This will arrive in the mail to you in September/October and includes updates to your benefits for the upcoming year.
- Look at the plan formulary to make sure you understand how your medications are covered by your plan.
- Review how your plan has worked for you over the past year. Taking any new medications? Change in health conditions? New illness? If so, these changes may require a different plan for 2022.
- You can expect to receive lots of mailings from other insurance companies. We work with these companies as well, so reach out to us if you have questions about something you receive.
Individual ACA Plans: As you prepare for Annual Enrollment, here are a few steps to make this process a bit easier.
- Review how your plan has worked for you over the past year. Taking any new medications? Change in doctor network?
- If you are receiving subsidy assistance, do you expect a change to your income in 2022? If so, you will want to reach out to OHB so we can evaluate how that will affect your subsidy in 2022.
Remember, we are here to help! If you have questions about your current plan or decide it’s time to review your plan, reach out to us for clear answers. You can count on us to help you understand your options for 2022, even if it means taking no action at all. Call us toll free at (866) 235-8378 or click here to email us your name and phone number for us to call you. Calls are not recorded and your information is confidential.
Ohio Health Benefits also offers Medicare & Muffins, a free educational seminar to help you understand how Medicare works. These seminars are free and open to the public every Wednesday at 9 am and Thursday at 3pm. For details and registration link click here.